Director of Finance
Hyde Park Entertainment GroupSherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
Hyde Park Entertainment Group (99 Homes, Blue Valentine, Ghost Rider) a leading Independent Film Sales and Production Company seeks a Director of Finance.
The position offers unique exposure to film financing and reports directly to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have previous accounting experience with an international film sales company, familiarity with distribution agreements, advanced knowledge of Excel, be organized and reliable, and will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Tracking film expenses, collections, and Third Party Participation statements
- Invoicing distributors for MG and royalty payments
- Tracking and Setting Up Collections (CAMAs) with Fintage and Freeway including verifying the terms on the CAMA against the Sales Agency Agreement
- Contract analysis and review
- Direct Communication with Producers and Distributors as needed
- Reviewing budgets and overseeing Production Accountants
- Setting up, tracking, and calculating residuals with payroll and residuals company (Entertainment Partners)
- Reporting residuals to the guilds and assisting with requests from SAG, DGA, WGA, IATSE
- Quarterly and Yearly Receivables forecasting
The Hyde Park Entertainment Group is one of the leading independent entertainment companies in Hollywood today. Founded by internationally-renowned, award-winning producer and UN Goodwill India Ambassador Ashok Amritraj, Hyde Park has produced over 100 films and has evolved into a cutting-edge option to the traditional Hollywood studio system that encompasses the elements of a full-fledged major including development, financing, and production. We produce leading film, TV, and digital content across a wide range of genres, catering to global audiences, with a particular emphasis on India and Asia. Our list of credits includes Academy Award-nominated BLUE VALENTINE starring Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling, SHOPGIRL starring Steve Martin and Claire Danes, and the highly acclaimed 99 HOMES starring Michael Shannon, Andrew Garfield, and Laura Dern.
Hyde Park continues its long-term feature film financing partnership with ImageNation Abu Dhabi.
Hyde Park is currently in development on the television series FORDLANDIA with Academy Award nominee Werner Herzog along with an adaptation of Stephen King's FROM A BUICK 8. Along with new films from award winning directors Julie Delpy, Simon Curtis, Charles Ferguson, and Gurinder Chada.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online