Full Time Job
Hulu's UX Research team is seeking a(n) experienced UX Researcher who will be an exceptional addition to our Marketing team. As a(n) UX Researcher at Hulu, you will help articulate user research insights to design, product and marketing leadership and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development.. The right person for this role will be a strong positive voice in design, a part of strategic discussions and experienced in the relationship between research, design, marketing and product. You will plan and execute research that will inspire and influence others to develop product and feature improvements. If you are someone who has a user experience research background, enjoys technology, working with a variety of people and love the thrill of discovering and sharing user-generated insights, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Plan and conduct user centered research (ethnographies, usability testing, etc.) around users' needs and behaviors in order to help inform product initiatives (websites, mobile apps, mobile web, living room apps).
• Observe and analyze user behavior and present actionable insights to stakeholders, including product and design teams.
• Educate product teams about how to incorporate user research and facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions.
• Execute qualitative research projects from start to finish, including developing a research plan, recruiting, moderating, analyzing results, and presenting findings.
• Conduct research on your own as well as partner with the other UX researchers to assist on studies.
• Work closely with designers, product managers, market researchers and developers to identify research topics and uncover opportunities to further improve our understanding of both current and prospective users.
• Travel a few days up to a week a month to conduct research.
WHAT TO BRING
• At least 3 years of experience with a broad set of user-centered research methods: contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessment, diary studies, etc.
• A Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related field.
• Confidence with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research.
• Meticulous sense of detail and the ability to seek out simple solutions to complex challenges.
• Familiarity with mobile, gaming and/or TV platforms.
• A passion for evangelizing and educating product team members on the value of user experience research.
• Experience using tools such as usertesting.com, UserZoom, SurveyMonkey, GetFeedback, etc.
• Proven ability to present research findings and insights in a concise and logical manner to various audiences to gain alignment
• A Master's degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related field.
• Experience successfully generating research insights and having them drive product decisions within an environment where user research has only recently been introduced.
• Experience driving user research within a changing environment.
• Experience with video data analysis and producing 'highlights' reels.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.