UX Research Data Manager
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu’s UX Research team is seeking an experienced Sr. UX Research Data Manager to collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, data scientists, marketers and developers to shape user experiences for millions of viewers. As the Sr. Research Data Manager at Hulu, you will use Hulu product and behavioral data to uncover deep findings, and figure out strategic opportunities, hypotheses and assumptions for testing in the user experience. Identify gaps, assess information architecture and be an authority in the competitive space to support the future of UX and keep Hulu at the forefront of an enjoyable user experience product and design. You will partner closely with the Strategic Research Manager to test hypotheses, and UX Usability Testing Manager to develop success metrics and critical metrics to continue evolving the takeaways and opportunities for the organization. You will ensure that research projects are motivated by an informed understanding of customer and market demand. To achieve this, you should have an expansive skill set with an ability to play multiple roles as they move across the organization: analyzer, collaborator, storyteller and proven influencer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Provide thought leadership & strategic vision grounded in the following: quantitative and qualitative analysis, customer insights, market & competitive research, outside-in innovation scouting.
• Engage and relationship build with internal and external partners to implement, and deliver experiences grounded in user experiences aligned with business strategies.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and strategic rationale both verbally and visually in an easy to understand manner.
• Serve as an in-team partner for a growing strategy practice center, supporting other research managers with their own evaluative research tools, measures and methodologies.
• Look at big data, queries and run complex statistical analysis that help interpret and find opportunities to understand the data in a deeper way from a user perspective to influence exciting change.
• Influence business decisions by encouraging thinking that builds major movement or changes in the organization by thinking in an unexpected way based on discovered opportunities.
• You’ll be figuring out a system for measuring and tracking user experience quality on our design and product projects across releases to continually measure improvement and opportunities.
• Advocate for and advise product teams and designers on taking design risks that balance usability and utility along with pushing the boundaries for innovation.
WHAT TO BRING
• A validated ability to ingest complex data sets and synthesize them into starting points for work partners.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related field.
• 5 years of experience in data analysis, interpreting data and statistics.
• Background in human factors, data analytics, and knowledge of User Experience process.
• Able to summarize data from external vendors and internal tools to build hypothesis for the UX research team to explore and expand the user knowledge for the business.
• Ability to keep a pulse on the emerging technology space and how that will change a users habitual ecosystem.
• Meticulous sense of detail and the ability to seek out simple solutions to complex challenges.
• Self awareness and openness to learning through failure and successes.
• Ability to prioritize and structure multiple projects at once and drive to completion.
• Have managed vague or ambiguous projects from the discovery stage.
• A Master’s or PhD in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or related field (or equivalent years of experience preferred).
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.