Sr. Manager, Publicity
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager, Publicity-Hulu Originals
The Sr. Manager, Publicity (Hulu Originals) is an individual contributor who will be an integral part of the Publicity team at Hulu. They will lead all aspects of long and short-term strategies that build awareness and buzz for assigned Hulu Original campaigns across our growing slate (scripted and unscripted series). They are passionate, have the creative-thinking skills to develop impactful media relations campaigns, and can pivot quickly when needed. The role requires someone that can balance a high-volume workload, excels at multi-tasking, has a sharp focus for details, creatively problem-solve, an ability to find humor in chaos and an innate sense of urgency to clearly connect with internal and external partners. Strong candidates also contribute across departments and will add value to the overall organization, as a specialist in their field. Collaborating and taking a hands-on approach is crucial.
• Develop and execute results-driven media relations campaigns for Hulu Originals utilizing both traditional and forward-thinking tactics. Strategically approaching each campaign with a fresh perspective and determining what will move the needle is key.
• Work in lockstep with Originals Marketing, Social and Creative Marketing to align on campaign brief, strategy, and execution to deliver on KPIs.
• Puts the viewer first – uses this as North star to guide all messaging and publicity efforts
• Foster and strengthen media and talent relationships on behalf of Hulu
• Collaborate with talent reps, producers, studio partners and effectively communicate your POV and strategy
• Proactively pitch media to support Hulu content initiatives and ensure press are equipped with appropriate assets
• Develop series positioning for assigned campaigns and messaging for producers, talent and executives
• Collaborate and communicate plans with internal teams within Hulu and across TWDC divisions, including content development, marketing, social, legal, viewer experience and others
• Orchestrate and support media relations efforts at special events, red carpets, press junkets, and festivals, including SXSW, Comic-Con, Television Critics Association Press Tour, Upfront, etc.
• Merchandise media relations efforts to internal teams and content partners
• 8 years of relevant experience in publicity at an agency/network/studio
• Established relationships with TV entertainment media (consumer and trade), talent bookers, tastemakers, studio partners and talent reps
• Strong knowledge of FYC/Awards campaigning
• A curiosity for finding better ways and uncovering new ways of doing things
• Passion for Hulu content, television and entertainment
• Excellent project management and organization skills
• Works well in a fast-paced and environment under hard deadlines, juggling multiple projects at once
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Proven track record as a self-starter and inspiring leader
• Team player with leadership skills. Ability and desire to interact with cross-functional team members
• Willingness to travel, work evenings and weekends as needed