Senior Production Manager
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu’s Originals department is looking for a Production Management executive to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the budgeting and physical production by third party studios of Hulu’s rapidly expanding slate of Original scripted pilots and series, films, documentaries, and specials. Applicants should have a strong knowledge base of budgeting and physical production from pre-production through delivery.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Oversee production by Hulu’s third-party studio/production company partners, from development through end of production
• Analyze and negotiate budgets submitted by studios/production companies.
• Provide expert advice on aligning creative goals to Hulu's budget parameters.
• Track and monitor production spend, evaluate overage requests, propose recommendations for budget changes to meet internal targets.
• Work closely with Content team to evaluate scripts from a production perspective and provide internal budget forecasting and target budgets prior to greenlight.
• Oversee and manage production and make sure we are on track to meet launch goals.
• Review and approve studio/production company crew hires, production personnel, etc.
• Evaluate and recommend potential production companies.
• Actively identify and evaluate alternative production models.
• Assess production risk and advise on locations, insurance, production bonds, etc.
• Develop ongoing greenlight and production calendar based on development pipeline.
• Lead communications regarding production matters throughout project lifecycle to ensure internal partners (Marketing, PR, Creative, Product, Advertising) are always aligned.
• Constantly be focused on optimizing our Originals production process and management through technical advancements, workflow improvements and strategic ideas.
WHAT TO BRING
• 7 years of work experience in scripted production management at a major media company or as a physical/line producer of television/digital content.
• Candidates will likely be at the VP level or equivalent at a television studio/network.
• Strong knowledge of all aspects physical production, from pre-production through delivery, including music, Vfx, 4K and HDR delivery, etc.
• Strong knowledge of production budgets, crew rates, union rates and rules, tax incentives, production locations, post facilities, and market trends.
• Strong working knowledge of budgeting and production software, including Movie Magic.
• Strong organizational, analytical, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners.
• Extensive television/digital production contacts with vendors, producers, studios, executives, talent, etc.
• Passion for TV and new media, and strong desire to be part of an industry that is quickly changing.
• Great business judgment, proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced, flexible environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently.
• A problem solver’s attitude and flexible, creative thinking.
• A sense of partnership with Creative, Business Affairs, Legal Affairs, and Finance teams.
• Strong knowledge of Canadian and other International production
• Hands-on knowledge of production software, including Movie Magic Budgeting/Scheduling, various cost reporting software, Scenechronize, etc.