Senior Product Designer
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Design team is seeking a Senior Product Designer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Senior Designer at Hulu, you will combine a world-class design sensibility with user empathy, to make a huge impact in the new and rapidly growing online distribution channel for premium video. The right person for this role will envision and design experiences that engage, inspire, and delight. Work on a team that values brave ideas, attention to detail, help define and develop experiences that take advantage of instant TV and demonstrate innovative technologies and services to craft the evolution of our products. If you are someone who has an intuitive understanding for great digital experiences, intimate experience designing visual brand systems, passion for high-end refined designs, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Help lead a team of UX and Product Designers and connect design strategy to business results
• Define the UX vision for Hulu and align to Hulu's product design
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
• Be autonomous. You'll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
• Work cross-functionally and help identify user requirements to shape and prioritize feature sets across multiple platforms
• Assist in directing our quantitative and qualitative user research.
• Craft how we synthesize customer data from multiple sources to find opportunities and recommend design directions.
• Experience using Sketch App, Photoshop, Illustrator, Principle, Framer, and Invision.
WHAT TO BRING
• Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
• 5 years of experience working in a consumer product focused environment
• Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
• Be able to communicate directly with Product Managers, Stakeholders, and Developers to translate their visions and constraints, into beautiful, functional products that will delight our users
• Strong business insight and able to talk about design from both a qualitative and quantitative standpoint.
• Synthesize user feedback, user research and user data into actionable product decisions
• Design new products, interfaces, and user experiences for a variety connected devices: mobile, web, and TV
• Proven ability to create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to describe the user experience and interface
• Expertise in information architecture standard methodologies, navigation systems, and wayfinding
• Experience with mobile web strategy, responsive web design (RWD), and adaptive design
• Experience with A/B Testing
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.