Senior Counsel, Content
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu is looking to add to its legal team a senior attorney with significant television experience to focus on negotiating, drafting and closing license and distribution agreements for Hulu's original content programming. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience working at a major television studio or network, an online video distributor and/or entertainment law firm negotiating and drafting original content agreements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work directly with Hulu's business teams in all phases of each Originals project, so it is important that you have the ability to counsel Hulu's business teams from both a business and legal perspective.
• At a high level, you will be heavily involved in growing Hulu's content lineup and reach across key platforms and devices.
• Responsible for leading negotiations and drafting agreements for the production, development and financing of Hulu's original content programming, as well as establishing Originals policies and practices.
• Experience negotiating and drafting license agreements for original content, production services agreements, co-production agreements and finance-related agreements is a must.
• Negotiate and draft deals for Hulu's acquired content, so experience with license agreements for acquired content is favored.
• Seek input and drive consensus across the company's various business units as deal terms are crafted and finalized.
• Work closely with the distribution, marketing, technology, product and finance teams.
WHAT TO BRING
• Juris Doctorate degree from a top tier law school
• 8-15 years of total legal experience
• 6-10 years of original content licensing experience at an online video distributor, television studio and/or entertainment law firm is required
• 2-4 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing on corporate transactions (M&A, finance, securities) or other media/entertainment is preferred
• A very strong understanding of technology, consumer electronics and the internet is preferred
• Familiarity with guild rules and production legal is preferred
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.