Senior Content Acquisition Manager - Film
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu’s Content Acquisition team is seeking a Senior Content Acquisition Manager, Film who will be involved in all parts of the content acquisition process including tracking and evaluating opportunities, defining content strategy through rigorous analysis of data, negotiating with and managing relationships with partners, and working across the organization to operationalize content agreements. This individual will help manage the independent film investment plan and should have a vast knowledge of the landscape. This role will be based in the Santa Monica office and will report to the Director Content Acquisition, Film. The role demands someone who can blend quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create actionable insights, dynamic personal skills, and the ability to effectively drive change – all at breakneck pace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Help set and execute Hulu’s independent film content strategy, including determining what programming should be licensed, of what types, how much of it, and developing creative licensing structures to implement the strategy
• Oversee major negotiations with independent studios and distributors including content selection, deal structuring, financial analysis and forecasting, contract review, and communication of deal parameters internally
• Manage the strategic relationships with content suppliers, including vetting content submissions using objective and subjective judgment
• Collaborate with Marketing, Product, PR, Distribution, Finance, Legal, operations, and others to represent the Content perspective, and operationalize contractual requirements
WHAT TO BRING
• 7 – 10 years overall experience with 4 years at top tier consulting firm, investment bank, and/or major media company. Passion for entertainment with encyclopedic knowledge of films across genres and familiarity with the changing landscape of the media industry
• Excellent analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities, with deep attention to detail and MBA-level Excel skills
• Active relationships with sales reps and talent agencies
• Attention to detail and comfortability drafting term sheets
• Strong verbal and written communication with internal and external partners.
• Sound foundation of business judgment, proven strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, with little supervision.
• MBA preferred
• Experience writing film development coverage
• Managerial experience with 1 direct reports
• Experience with key film festivals and having been an active participant
• Finely honed sense of humor and willingness to participate lively debates.