HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu is looking for an experienced marketing attorney with broad-based marketing and advertising experience, including in the digital media space, to support our fast-paced and innovative Marketing teams. The right candidate will have strong transactional skills and attention to detail and an understanding of the latest developments in digital advertising and best practices for marketers. If you are someone who enjoys working at a fast-paced technology and media company on a variety of projects for different stakeholders, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• This position will handle licensing and transactions across all of Hulu's marketing teams on a variety of campaigns, promotions and marketing efforts. This includes negotiating a broad range of marketing and advertising related agreements (including sponsorship, endorsement/talent, agency and vendor), and vetting marketing materials and copy both on the Hulu service and off-channel in traditional and digital media (e.g., integrated campaigns, broadcast and digital spots, and digital ads), including with respect to claim substantiation, clearances, and contractual requirements.
• This role will counsel and support projects from Hulu's content marketing, social media, brand and culture, in-house creative (video production), partnerships marketing, media, subscriber acquisition, engagement and retention, and PR and events teams which will include review of creative and digital agency agreements, production and event agreements, font and music licenses, UGC campaigns, influencer campaigns, and sweepstakes and contests.
• Keeping up to speed on the latest developments in advertising and consumer protection laws, including pricing and promotion laws, internet advertising laws, and rules and self-regulatory principles applicable to an internet and media company including the standards set forth by the FTC and IAB is an important component of the job.
• Support of our marketing teams also includes working with Hulu's key agency partners to draft and negotiate agreements with publishers, social media networks, and marketing partners for media buys, including those that involve custom content, experiential activations, native advertising, sponsorships, new forms of advertising (e.g., AI chatbots) and to review related creative.
• This role will also work with the product marketing and legal teams to develop and review standards, creative, and disclosures for landing pages and other consumer touchpoints across the Hulu service (web, mobile, and living room) related to marketing-driven initiatives.
WHAT TO BRING
• Ideal candidates will have broad-based experience supporting marketing teams at an internet, technology, and/or media company (or supporting similar clients at a nationally-recognized law firm's focused advertising, marketing, media, and/or technology practice)
• Juris Doctorate degree from a top tier law school
• Minimum of 6 – 7 years of marketing legal experience in-house (or comparable law firm)
• Candidates who developed their transactional skills at a nationally-recognized law firm and with subsequent in-house experience will be preferred
• Meaningful experience in intellectual property, licensing and clearance, and product counseling
• Experience with SAG-AFTRA and other guild issues
• Familiarity with insertion orders and IAB terms and conditions for digital advertising
• Substantial understanding of the convergence of technology and entertainment legal trends in the digital marketing space as well as relevant federal and state consumer protection laws and regulations
• Outstanding interpersonal skills including ability to communicate issues effectively with cross-functional stakeholders and all levels of management
• Proactive and solutions-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and assess legal risk vis-à-vis business objectives
• Familiarity with the media buying ecosystem, including affiliate marketing, different ad networks and platforms and types of advertising inventory
• Familiarity with ad tech and use of data for marketing campaigns (e.g., use of beacons, cookies and cookie alternatives across devices, programmatic technologies and matching of datasets)
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.