Manager, Financial Reporting
HuluSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2020 4:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Manager, Financial Reporting jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Manager, Financial Reporting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Financial Reporting? SUMMARY
Hulu’s Controllership team is seeking a Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Financial Reporting team. As a Manager at Hulu, you will have direct exposure to leaders within Controllership, Finance, and other departments across Hulu as well as Hulu's parent company, The Walt Disney Company. The right person for this role is someone who is dedicated, proactive, and possesses an atypical high quality bar for themselves and their work product. If you are someone who strong work ethic, keen interpersonal skills, enjoys technical accounting puzzles, and loves working in a dynamic, then this is an excellent role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work closely with Controllership/Finance and other business teams (e.g. Content Acquisition and Marketing) to understand, analyze and document accounting implications of non-routine transactions and ad hoc company initiatives
• Review new or amended contracts to identify any potential accounting implications, and research accounting questions raised by the business
• Identify, assess, and detail accounting positions related to new standards, prior to and as they become effective
• Manage the updating of Hulu's accounting policies and draft whitepapers as needed to support compliance with U.S. GAAP
• Own the preparation and review of annual financial statements and footnotes, and oversee the process for identifying, tracking, and assessing related party transactions
• Facilitate the annual financial statement audit and quarterly review activities, and other audits as needed, by coordinating the review of request listings and monitoring for compliance with request due dates
• Perform financial statement tie-out procedures and prepare the annual disclosure checklist
• Lead special projects related to finance/accounting process improvements
WHAT TO BRING
• 5 or more years of accounting experience, with at least 3 years in a Big Four public accounting firm
• Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting/Finance from an accredited college or university required
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP required
• Proven experience with performing complex technical research and analysis from the problem definition stage through the conclusion stage
• Excellent time management skills: we are seeking a team member who is highly organized and efficient, with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and managing multiple projects concurrently
• Solid interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to articulate complex accounting issues outside of Controllership and with all levels of management
• An eagerness to learn, and the desire and ability to think creatively while collaborating with other team members to solve important problems and embrace fun!
• Active CPA license
• Industry experience in Technology and/or Media & Entertainment ideal
• Currently employed in a role that requires research and documentation of significant, non-routine transactions
LI-ZR1 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.