HR Business Partner
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Talent and Organization (TAO) team is seeking a Talent Advisor (more commonly known as an HR Business Partner) who will be an outstanding addition to our Talent Management team. You will be a trusted resource for multiple team(s) in Technology and the go-to partner from TAO for the team members, managers, and leaders that you support. The right person has successfully coached business leaders, managers, and individuals, and is viewed as a credible and influential partner across their current organization. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment, are a natural at dealing with employee relations issues, and are interested in working across Hulu to help us scale, then this is a fantastic role for you. This position will partner with leaders across our growing Tech organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Partner directly with Technology leadership to help them achieve their business goals through talent management and programming, often specific to making Hulu a premier employer for Technology and Software Development team members.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to your assigned team(s) around any talent issues they are facing, including: organizational design, role definition, career development, compensation, management and leadership coaching, change management, and in what ways to grow and scale.
• Reinforce Hulu's high-performance culture by working closely with our managers on how to set clear performance expectations and provide ongoing and direct feedback.
• Partner with and advise managers through the performance management process on your assigned teams including performance improvement plans and various employee relations issues and terminations.
• Guide your teams through Hulu's talent processes and programs, including: performance management and compensation reviews, headcount planning and organization management, and leadership planning.
• Gain deep knowledge on the unique talent challenges of your assigned team and work with leaders and team members to address them. This will include career pathing/ job definition, retention strategies, partnering with Talent Development, and anything else having to do with retaining and engaging our talent.
• Identify trends and themes across the team and recommend modifications to existing talent programs and processes or, in some cases, the creation of new ones. Analyze and use data to guide decisions, in addition to what you know from being embedded within the team.
• Partner effectively across other parts of TAO: Talent Development, Compensation, Recruiting, Internal Communications, HR Ops, and Workplace Experience ensuring that they are aware of organizational changes that could impact their work and have the right context to support the business well.
• Act as a culturally attuned, highly credible voice for Talent Management to the leadership team of the group you're supporting.
• Contribute to the Talent Management team; be a steward for Hulu culture and bring your business's perspective back to Talent Management initiatives.
WHAT TO BRING
• 5 or more years of professional experience with demonstrated success in the key accountabilities for this role – namely executive and manager mentoring, balancing employee relations issues, and advising on organizational design.
• 5 or more years of successfully partnering with other Human Resources functions (i.e. Learning and Development, HR Operations, Recruiting, Facilities, Internal Communications, etc.)
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Organization Development, or relevant field
• Experience working directly with and supporting Executives/Business leaders
• Proven understanding of employment law
• Highly organized and efficient
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Facility with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and using data to drive decision-making
• Prior experience supporting Technology teams
• Graduate degree in Human Resources (or relevant field) or MBA
• Experience at a Technology company or with another fast-growing organization
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.