Coordinator, Events & Talent Relations
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu’s Originals Marketing team is seeking an Events and Talent Relations Coordinator to support the execution of FOMO-inducing, high-touch experiences and strategic initiatives that position Hulu as the preeminent home for our community of creators.
The role is an individual contributor who reports to the Vice President of Events and Talent Relations and works closely with the Originals Marketing, Public Relations, Social, Awards, and Content teams within Hulu and across TWDC divisions.
What You’ll Do
• Support and lead a diverse portfolio of IRL and virtual programs that elevate the Hulu brand: premieres, wrap parties, festivals, talent dinners, tastemaker experiences, press junkets, awards campaigns, industry events, conventions, stunts, set visits, and consumer activations.
• Create program briefs, RFPs, project plans, strategy activation decks, schedules, workflows, and recaps.
• Schedule and manage internal and external partner meetings; take notes, distribute and track action items.
• Own and maintain shared drives and databases, contacts, industry lists, inventory, and calendars.
• Research, vet, and recommend appropriate suppliers and partners best suited to meet program goals and objectives; manage supplier directory.
• Facilitate contract routing and work with partners to create requisitions, process payment, track, manage, and reconcile costs.
• Perform departmental day-to-day activities: invitation guest list management, seating charts ticketing, milestone occasions gifting, internal affiliate requests, rooming lists, travel coordination, onsite execution.
• Develop a working knowledge of campaign objectives and goals, guidelines and strategies and an understanding of how that is translated into experiential strategies.
What to Bring
• 2-3 years of relevant experience; publicity/brand/studio/network/agency; end-to-end ownership producing experiential/music/festival events, film/TV premieres, and working with talent, representatives, and executives.
• Passion for Hulu content, storytelling, television, entertainment, pop culture, production, and events.
• Discernment. You habitually exercise discretion with internal, sensitive, and confidential business; you're keenly aware of your location, audience, surroundings, and who might be listening.
• Working knowledge of event practices, terminology, and logistics, i.e., guest journey, venue decisions, permitting, ROS event flow, food beverage, décor, rentals, staffing, transportation, security, audio visual, content, guest demographic, riders, tech packs, insurance.
• A maniacal focus on the details, multitasking without missing a beat, swift follow up and an efficient and organized approach to project management.
• Self-direction with a high sense of urgency–a proactive and adaptable 'doer'; entrepreneurial and comfortable operating with ambiguity and change; eager to learn and build; a no-task-too-small mentality; unafraid to ask questions, raise your hand for help, or offer it up.
• Super-human interpersonal and leadership skills to creatively solve problems through negotiation, tact, and diplomacy.
• Savoir-faire re: the nuances of working with executives, talent, and industry representatives.
• Other-worldly verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency in commonly used cloud-based software: Microsoft 365, G-Suite, Apple iWorks, Slack.
• Ability to travel, work evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed.