Director, Social Media - Onyx Collective
HuluSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/2/2022 12:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Social Media - Onyx Collective jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, Social Media - Onyx Collective postings
Full Time Job
Director, Social Media - Onyx Collective (Hulu)
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Onyx Collective is a new content brand on Hulu designed to curate a slate of premium entertainment by creators of color and underrepresented voices.
Onyx Collective's and Hulu's marketing and publicity team is seeking a Director, Social Media who will be an exceptional leader within our growing team. As a Director of Social Media at Onyx Collective/Hulu, you will build and lead a team focused on social efforts for our Onyx Collective original titles and brand, working closely with the Originals Marketing, Publicity, Brand and Creative departments. This role requires someone with ample social experience in the entertainment industry and a proven track record for delivering results on large scale social media campaigns. The successful candidate will be open and flexible, collaborative, and always be willing to go above and beyond what is expected. They will lead all aspects of long and short-term social strategies for Onyx Collective brand and content campaigns and the slate at large. They are passionate, have the creative thinking skills to develop impactful campaigns, can pivot quickly when needed and excited by an opportunity to build out a new function.
• Report to the VP of marketing and publicity.
• Be a leader within the originals marketing team, guiding the social efforts for tentpole campaigns and cementing processes and operations to make the team more efficient/effective.
• Hire, train and build the best-in-class Onyx Collective social media team.
• Be a cross-functional teammate who engages, listens and collaborates with internal teams on Onyx Collective and Hulu's overall Originals marketing strategy.
• Develop strong working relationships with talent, reps, and studio partners, acting as a central hub for social-related talent questions and issues.
• Work in lockstep with internal teams (content, publicity, media and creative marketing to align on campaign strategy and execution to deliver on KPIs.).
• Be an inspiring peer and help develop out of the box and first-to-market experiences, activations, and content that will drive social conversations and increase sentiment.
• Work to clear a path to help bring these first of its kind experiences to life.
• Work closely with the Hulu media team to ensure that creative and media investments are aligned and effective.
• Forecast, build and track annual budget and spend for social initiatives.
• Work with external partners/agencies to implement content marketing/social initiatives.
• Drive the organic and paid social content strategy to foster deeper conversation and earned media around Hulu Originals.
• Identify new audiences and areas of focus for existing identified audiences and work cross functionally to determine business opportunity and subsequent marketing tactics to build brand awareness and advocacy.
• Analyze performance metrics regularly, making necessary recommendations for improvement.
• Help redefine the goals of social across channels and shows, working to evolve and grow our approach to be best in class.
• Collaborate and seek out best practices with social media teams across TWDC to pursue and deliver excellence.
• Coordinate and develop social standard methodologies, strategies and approach with other departments who utilize social accounts, platforms and strategies to achieve their business objectives.
• Collaborate and communicate plans with internal teams across DGE and Hulu enterprise.
• Provide thought leadership and provide perspective on embedding an inclusive and culturally relevant approach to cross company initiatives including authentic representation, storytelling and language.
• 8 years of professional experience in social media, digital marketing at a network or studio.
• Experience building a team and managing direct reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and collaborative working style – ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
• Ambitious record of developing and executing successful large-scale campaigns/initiatives using data and metrics to measure impact and determine necessary pivots..
• Experience managing external agencies/partners/talent without oversight.
• Proven results building a social following across a variety of channels and using social to drive activation and sales/subscriptions.
• A proven and deep understanding of the entertainment social media landscape, platform standard methodologies and consumers' (social) media behaviors and paid media.
• Proficiency in social media management publishing and engagement standard methodologies.
• Experience presenting campaigns and delivering results to external talent and stakeholders as well as internal c-suite executives.
• Direct paid social experience.