Content Distribution Attorney
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu is looking to add to its legal team an attorney with significant content distribution and carriage experience to focus on negotiating, drafting and closing content distribution agreements for Hulu's live linear service (Hulu Live TV). The ideal candidate for this position will be able to tackle multiple projects with strong attention to detail, and have experience working at a major television network or MVPD negotiating and drafting carriage agreements. If you are someone who is a down-to-earth team player and have a passion to work on innovative content distribution deals, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• This person will work directly with Hulu's business teams in all phases of each carriage deal, so it is important that this person have the ability to counsel Hulu's business teams from both a business and legal perspective. At a high level, this person will be heavily involved in expanding Hulu's content lineup and reach across key platforms and devices. More specifically, the content distribution attorney will be responsible for leading negotiations and drafting agreements for industry-first content distribution agreements with cable and broadcast TV networks. In addition, this person will help advise internal stakeholders across the company on operationalizing our contractual requirements, and provide counsel to the Content Partnerships team as we work together to grow Hulu's live linear service and premium add-on services. An important component of this job will involve seeking input and driving consensus across the company's various business units as deal terms are crafted and finalized. So that means this person will also work closely with the content, partnerships, marketing, technology, product and finance teams.
WHAT TO BRING
• This job is intended primarily for candidates who are currently serving as in-house counsel at a major television network or MVPD. We will also consider law firm candidates with relevant experience in content distribution and carriage agreements. Specific criteria we are looking for:
• Juris Doctorate degree from a top tier law school
• 8-15 years of total legal experience
• 6-10 years at a television network, MVPD or law firm focusing on distribution/TV carriage agreements is highly preferred
• 2-4 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing on corporate transactions (MandA, finance, securities) or other media/entertainment is preferred
• A very strong understanding of technology, consumer electronics and the Internet
• Passion to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.