Content Development Manager, Documentaries and Unscripted Series
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Content team is seeking a Content Development Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Documentary team. As a Content Development Manager at Hulu, you will help initiate and drive the sourcing, development, and production of Hulu Originals with a focus on feature documentaries and premium cable-quality nonfiction series. The right person for this role is a highly self-directed and enthusiastic problem solver, with an ability to inspire and effect change through influence and collaboration. If you are someone who has honed creative instincts, strong industry relationships, and experience with state-of-the-art creative development and production, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Develop a deep understanding of Hulu's brand values, key demo targets, and business objectives to help determine what original series will move the needle for the brand and generate significant commercial value.
• Use director, prod co, and agency contacts to actively bring in on-brand, on-model projects.
• Help manage a slate and schedule with a large volume of projects.
• Collaborate with the Head of Documentaries to build a robust development pipeline to achieve a best in class slate of projects.
• Work with creators, external partners, and the Hulu executive team to develop and note treatments and cuts.
• Work with in-house marketing and publicity teams to facilitate creative asset creation and to give input when needed on marketing materials, press releases, festival strategy etc.
• Work closely with marketing and publicity to develop and produce ancillary content for social media and other promotional purposes.
• Provide support to the Director of Content Development and Head of Originals on all aspects of creative development and production.
• Work alongside the Head of Documentaries on all aspects of creative development and production.
• Serve as point executive on multiple Hulu Original Documentary projects (overseeing day-to-day development, production, and internal communication.)
WHAT TO BRING
• Proven track record of success as a highly creative and results-driven executive.
• A minimum of 3 years' experience developing material into high-quality, viable films and episodic series.
• An established credibility and base of existing relationships across the creative community (directors, producers, festival programmers).
• Skilled at audience-focused content development, with an appreciation for sophisticated/specialized audience tastes and preferences.
• A honed creative voice. Confident in instincts but understands the importance of the give and take in the creative process.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with talent and production partners.
• Ability to work and navigate in a high-tech, evolving start-up setting.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional attention to detail.
• Diplomatic personality and ability to work productively with a variety of personalities.
• An appetite for discovering and cultivating emerging voices and topics.
• A real love and deep knowledge of non-fiction storytelling!
• Network/platform experience a plus.
• Familiarity with theatrical distribution preferred.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.