Content Acquisition Manager
HuluSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/10/2021 7:03:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Content Acquisition Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Content Acquisition Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Content Acquisition Manager?
Full Time Job
Hulu’s Content Partnerships team is seeking a Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Content team. As a Manager in the Content Partnerships team, you will report directly to the Director Content Partnerships and be an integral part of the group responsible for growing Hulu’s live linear service (Hulu with Live TV) and managing premiums and add-on services. You will assist the Director with the strategy and carriage agreement negotiations with major broadcast and cable TV networks and other premium or add-ons as assigned. The right person for this role is a self-starter, eager to learn, well-versed in the streaming media ecosystem and experienced in navigating cross-functional relationships within and outside an organization. She/He has exceptional communication and organizational skills and is able to work with TV networks, content providers and internal departments including the broader Content Partnerships team, Marketing, Product, Technology, Finance and Legal to build consensus around mutually beneficial opportunities. Finally, she/he thinks big, learns quickly, and approaches everything with enthusiasm.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Assist Director with negotiation strategy/review of Hulu with Live TV’s network provider agreements and management of network partner relationships, including creating documents and developing processes to summarize complex agreements and data findings for internal or external use
• Create financial models related to the economic requirements of DMVPD carriage agreements and track offers
• Analyze usage metrics and user behaviors behind content consumption, as well as conduct frequent and ongoing viewership and market analysis to inform Hulu strategy and business in moving forward
• Gather information from internal and external sources and synthesize into decks and presentations suitable for business leads and collaborators to make informed decisions
• Own and lead a key set of network partner relationships, fostering teamwork-based collaboration and executing across all stages of the partnership lifecycle (e.g. deal negotiation, technical/operational cooperation, joint marketing initiatives, account management, roadmap planning, etc.)
• Establish collaborative cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders on the Product, Marketing, Technology, Legal, Finance and Strategy/Business Development teams to execute partnership requirements and deliver on business objectives
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor’s degree and MBA a plus (but not required)
• 4-7years entertainment/technology experience, with 3 years of relationship management with a media/technology focus
• Familiarity with licensing and distribution deals for studio content through broadcast networks, content studios, and content licensors a plus.
• Passion for entertainment, TV and technology with a deep knowledge of the evolution of the digital/media industries
• Strong partner engagement skills with the ability to build influential relationships, and maximize partnerships
• Ability to prioritize, identify problems, quickly devise feasible solution options, disseminate the appropriate information to relevant stakeholders and ultimately bring about timely resolution
• Excellent communication skills with an effortless ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams on technical projects, specifically in translating business objectives/priorities for product management and engineering colleagues
• Willingness to travel (10-15%)