Content Acquisition Manager - Film
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu’s Content Acquisition team is seeking a Content Acquisition Manager, Film who will be involved in all parts of the content acquisition process including tracking and evaluating opportunities, defining content strategy through rigorous analysis of data, negotiating with and managing relationships with partners, and working across the organization to operationalize content agreements. The role demands someone who can blend quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create actionable insights, dynamic personal skills, and the ability to effectively drive change – all at breakneck pace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Support the development, communication, and implementation of Hulu’s expanding film strategy
• Analyze usage metrics and user behaviors behind content consumption, as well as conduct frequent and ongoing viewership and market analysis to inform acquisition decisions and content strategy
• Support and carry out deal-making by, vetting and selecting content, creating financial models to forecast performance, participating in negotiation, and communicating deal parameters internally.
• Develop and own relationships with content partners across the film industry, regularly communicating Hulu’s strategy and needs to the marketplace
• Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the broader strategy of the Content Acquisition team and Hulu overall
• Collaborate with internal teams including Marketing, Brand, Scheduling, PR, and Product to optimize the performance of films on Hulu
WHAT TO BRING
• 4-7 years overall experience with 2 years at top tier consulting firm, investment bank, and/or major media company. Passion for entertainment with encyclopedic knowledge of films across genres and familiarity with the changing landscape of the media industry
• Excellent analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities, with deep attention to detail and MBA-level Excel skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build influential relationships internally and externally
• Great business judgment, proven strategic thinking, and demonstrated consensus building skills
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently
• Experience writing film development coverage
• Finely honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates.