Associate Counsel, Privacy
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Legal team is seeking a Privacy Counsel who will be an outstanding addition to our dynamic team. In this role, you will be supporting data driven projects and initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate for this role must have deep substantive knowledge of online privacy issues as well as strong transactional skills. If you are someone who enjoys working at a fast-paced technology and media company on a variety of projects for different partners, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Advise business units across Hulu, including Marketing, Advertising, Tech, Product, and Information Security teams on various areas related to online privacy and data security.
• This includes ensuring that Hulu's data collection, use, and sharing practices align with applicable laws, regulations, self-regulatory principles, and standard methodologies
• Draft and negotiate agreements for data driven initiatives, including agreements with research, analytics, measurement, ad tech, and data solution providers
• Help develop and improve upon Hulu's standard form agreements, policies, and procedures
• Keep up to speed on the latest developments in data security, online privacy, and ad tech
WHAT TO BRING
• We are looking for 6 to 10 years of total legal experience, with at least 3 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing primarily on online privacy, data security, and consumer protection issues
• Experience in developing and deploying compliance solutions for privacy laws in the U.S. and international territories (e.g., GDPR or similar laws)
• Strong transactional background, including drafting and negotiating agreements in the ad tech/data space
• Ideal candidate will have relevant in-house experience at an Internet, technology, and/or media company
• Juris Doctorate degree from a top tier law school
• A great teammate attitude, as you may be asked to contribute occasionally in other areas
• Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
• Familiarity with insertion orders and IAB terms and conditions for digital advertising
• Experience in other relevant areas such as marketing, tech transactions, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance would be wonderful!
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.