Manager of Donor Engagement and Development Op.
Hubbard Street Dance ChicagoChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Hubbard Street's Manager of Donor Engagement and Development Operations will work closely with the entire development staff in support of all development operations, as well as donor engagement and stewardship efforts. This position is responsible to establishing and maintaining standards of gift and record keeping, acknowledgments, and donor benefits and recognition. This position will also be responsible for creating and executing donor engagement activities including stewardship events, cultivation, and recognition opportunities, and fundraising event management. This position is responsible for supporting front line fundraisers in building relationships with donors and creating opportunities for various constituencies to engage with the organization.
Description of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the daily gifts and records keeping for the Development Department. This includes gift processing, acknowledgement letters, contract documentation, reconciliation with Finance, expense reports, etc. Recommend and utilize best practices to improve accuracy and efficiency of gift and record keeping in Tessitura.
• Create and deliver donor benefits for the full development effort, including all donors from all constituencies. This includes making recommendations for refreshed donor benefits and tiers, utilizing industry research and donor surveys, implementing new benefits communications and delivery (mail, digital, and on-site at the Harris Theatre).
• Track and execute donor recognition for the full development effort, including all donors from all constituencies. Work with the marketing team to update web and program book donor listings and recognition as well as facilitate the production of additional donor recognition and signage as needed. Ensure donors are recognized accurately and consistently.
• Maintain protocols for the use of Tessitura and provide support to all HSDC staff users of the Tessitura system.
• Serve as the primary manager of stewardship and cultivation events including ''Cocktails and Choreography,'' backstage invitations, pre, post, and intermission events, etc. This includes event planning and execution, catering, invitation creation and distribution, RSVPs, and onsite facilitation. Help to build the strategy for these events in order to deepen donor relationships as well as cultivate new audiences and prospective donors.
• Serve as the primary manager of both the Bold Moves for Bold Women and the Spotlight Ball fundraising events. Serve as the day-to-day staff contact for consultants contracted to execute these events. Duties include invitation list creation and distribution of invitations, organizing night-of agenda and event materials, supporting senior staff in run of show and remarks creation, staffing plans, catering and décor discussions, signage, auction, etc.
• Support volunteers serving on fundraising event committees. Facilitate committee communications and activities. Help to build relationships with the board and other volunteers through these working groups.
• Supervise a Development Coordinator who will be responsible for gifts and records keeping in Tessitura, reporting, and prospect research.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• The ideal candidate will be a fundraising professional with 3 years of experience preferably in an arts organization.
• Experience with Tessitura database including managing plans and solicitations, reporting and list builder strongly preferred.
• Event management experience preferred.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to work productively and graciously under strict time constraints, and execute detailed work with accuracy.
• The ideal candidate will uphold a high standard of service and professionalism with internal and external contacts.
• Bachelor's degree required.
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization.
Job Code: Donor Engagement and Development Operations Manager
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online