Sr. Broadcast IT Engineer
HSNSt. Petersburg, FL
Full Time Job
Under the supervision of the Sr Manager, Broadcast IT Engineering, provides leadership in information security and administration for the US Broadcast Engineering IT infrastructure and end user support. Designs and enforces policies and procedures that protect the computing infrastructure from all forms of security breaches. Responsible for identifying vulnerabilities and working with the Broadcast Engineering team to resolve them, ensuring that our network and data remains secure. Provide root cause analysis of escalated and complex incidents/problems related to broadcast IT systems. Impart technical expertise of established IT standards to the US Broadcast Engineering team. Manage and optimize system performance of Broadcast Engineering IT infrastructure to ensure 24x7x365 availability. Works with Broadcast Engineering Architects to determine requirements for new broadcast IT systems, and develop, design, and supervise installations. Supports the IT specific portions of all broadcast systems (video routers, audio mixers, cameras, intercom, etc.)
Who we are
Our team develops standards and procedures for broadcast IT systems. We manage small to medium scale broadcast IT projects and support the IT specific portions of all broadcast systems (video routers, audio mixers, cameras, intercom, etc.) Partnering with multiple stakeholders, it is fast paced environment with opportunity to learn, grow and make an impact.
We would like to see your cover letter along with detailed resume to consider you for this role.
· Experience in an information security role.
· Knowledge of information security frameworks.
· Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
· Ability to communicate security measures to a non-technical audience.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· 3D Graphics- Operate, maintenance, and repair. NLE systems - Configure, operate, repair, and maintenance of Adobe CC Suite.
· Experience with IT Network equipment, topology, and configuration.
· Experience with Cisco ASR routers, Nexus switches and FirePOWER firewalls.
· Experience with PaloAlto firewalls.
· Experience in server administration of Windows Server 2012 r2 and above.
· Experience with MS SQL database administration.
· Experience with System administration and monitoring tools (Dataminer, etc.)
· Troubleshooting network, server, client software issues and interactions. Understanding of video, graphics, and business processes as they pertain to the systems infrastructure.
· Windows computer systems - Real-time graphics, animation, and compositing systems and software.
· Video servers - Configure, operation, administration, and maintenance.
· Play-out/Automation systems - Configure, operation, administration, and maintenance.
· Expert ability to take ownership of issues, see tasks through to completion, and work with minimal supervision.
What You Bring
· Minimum Education:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field of study is required. Equivalent work experience in a related field may be substituted.
· Preferred Education:
· IT certification highly preferred (CCNA/CCNP, Microsoft, VMWare, etc.)
· Experience with ITIL concepts and processes preferred.
· SBE certification a plus.
· Minimum Experience:
· 6 to 8 years of experience working in a corporate or broadcasting IT multi-tiered environment, installing, monitoring & troubleshooting computer servers and applications is required.
· Extensive network administration experience required.
· Experience in Windows Admin, Network Admin, DB Admin and server technologies required.
· Must have experience troubleshooting related systems and be competent in reacting quickly to critical situations that occur in live broadcast situations.
· Preferred Experience:
· Computer programming experience a plus (Visual Basic, Python, C++, Java, etc.) CAD and Visio design experience is a plus.
· Experience with public internet and video streaming platforms
Job Code: R62065
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online