Houston RocketsHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 8/9/2021 4:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Video Editor jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Video Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Editor?
Full Time Job
The Houston Rockets are seeking a Video Editor ready to work in a fast-paced, efficient production environment. The primary goal of this department is to create original content, features, commercials and deliver it during live games, streaming services, apps, and social media platforms systematically for the Houston Rockets. This role will work closely with the Senior Producers and video production team to establish the most engaging content possible using the latest technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Work closely with marketing and production team to build compelling video content for Rockets fans, our partners, and Landry's worldwide.
• Create national level commercials, features, and videos from existing and new footage to target specific audiences, and multi-platform use when necessary.
• Able to take requests and turn them into highly produced pieces from start to finish with little need for outside help.
• High level understanding of planning, storyboards, and pitching ideas that are within budget and on time.
• Understand color correction, audio mastering, and use of different codecs.
• Help build/log/maintain digital video library.
• Use storytelling skills for both commercial length and short/medium format content.
• Understand Basketball/NBA and the history of the franchise
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in film/broadcast/communications or equal experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional editing experience for a sports team or post house.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (Avid Media Composer, Premiere, After Effects)
• Familiarity with 3D and compositing are a plus.
• Live production/control experience a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments under pressure.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, time-sensitive department
• Ability to assist in shooting a plus
• Some travel will be required
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.