Houston RocketsHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 3/15/2020 5:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Accountant jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Senior Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Accountant? General Description:
Perform tasks to support the Finance department and assists manager with supervising staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork and contributes meaningfully to building a cohesive, efficient department that serves all customer needs at an exemplary level.
• Direct management of Staff Accountants.
• Assist with the Rockets and Toyota Center monthly close process, including account reconciliations, detailed account schedule preparation and journal entry postings by the deadline.
• Assist with the quarterly preparation of Rockets and Toyota Center financial statements, including consolidations.
• Assist with various audits throughout the year including Year End Financial, BRI League and CFS League audits.
• Prepare the monthly sales tax packets for review and payment for each company.
• Manage the 50/50 raffle accounting process.
• Manage the sponsorship, suites and theater box billing.
• Prepare and book the Rockets sponsorship revenue allocation and game closings.
• Manage the preparation of team travel hotel bill reconciliations for adherence to contracts and to submit payment to the hotel for all road trip stays.
• Prepare Rockets gate receipt reports after each home game.
• Prepare and book event settlements for Rockets and third-party events at Toyota Center.
• Assist with the review of accounts payable invoice batches for proper expense coding and approvals for vendor payment processing.
• Perform special projects and other various duties as requested by supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting required.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant audit or general ledger accounting experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – especially Excel.
• Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail and accuracy.
• CPA and/or Big Four experience a plus.
• Experience with Great Plains accounting software preferred.
• PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.