Outdoor Box Office Usher
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Part Time Job
Outdoor Box Office Usher (Part Time)
The Outdoor Box Office Associate is a part time position responsible for proving a superior level of customer service to guests as they arrive for events at the Toyota Center. In addition to answering customer questions pertaining to direct box office concerns the Outdoor Box Office Usher will be responsible for assisting customers through the will call and ticket selling windows in a timely manner. This position requires anywhere from 15 -25 hours per week depending on the event schedule with most call times starting at or around 5:00 p.m. This ideal candidate will work outdoors in all weather conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Direct customers to the appropriate line for will call, ticket purchasing, or ticket resolution.
• Interact with guests to answer questions.
• Monitor ticket lines and suggest changes via radio to the box office staff to efficiently navigate customers through their transactions.
• Setup, removal, and maintenance of ticket kiosks.
• Remain knowledgeable of ticketing promotions by completing a monthly training event. (Refresher shift)
• At least 18 years of age.
• Strong customer service experience.
• Excellent verbal communications.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to work in hot (temperatures exceeding 100 degrees) and cold (temperatures of less than 30 degrees) environments.
• Detailed oriented, articulate, and highly organized with an ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time (up to four hours or more).
• Nature of the position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• The vision requirement includes close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must have ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
Highly motivated and dependable Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS, TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer
**By applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check based on the nature of this position.**