Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Full Time Job
The Houston Rockets are seeking a Junior Producer ready to work in a fast-paced and efficient production environment. The primary goal of this department is to create original content, features, commercials, and deliver it via streaming services, apps, and social media platforms both quickly and systematically for the Houston Rockets, our partners, and Landry's as needed. This role will work closely with the Senior Producers and video production team to establish the most engaging content possible using the latest technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with marketing and production team to build compelling video content for Rockets fans, our partners, and Landry's worldwide.
• Contribute compelling content ideas for digital and in-arena that elevate the Rockets brand
• Support maintenance of camera and editing equipment including inventory, packing, and upkeep
• Develop original compelling video content for existing and potential fans, our partners, and Landry's over a variety of mediums
• Assist in content creation using Premiere, After Effects, and C4D as needed.
• Shoot a variety of special events, live streams, press conferences, community events, and Landry's initiatives as needed.
• Log shoots and tag with meta-data in our media asset manager.
• Understand color correction, audio mastering, and use of different codecs.
• Help build/log/maintain digital video library.
• Assist during games as videographer, game editor, and graphics builder.
• Setup interview sets and know basics of lighting a set.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in film/broadcast/communications or equal experience.
• A minimum of 1 year of professional editing experience for a sports team or post house.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays required as needed.
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages Premiere, After Effects, & Photoshop.
• Familiarity with 3D and compositing are a plus
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments under pressure.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, time-sensitive department
• Ability to assist in shooting a plus
• Live production/control experience a plus.
• Some travel will be required
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• Able to lift at least 30lbs.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.