Intern - Graphics Design, Full Season
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This position provides a hands-on, behind-the-scenes experience for those considering a career with the NBA, Professional Sports or Entertainment Industries with a heavy emphasis on design.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
• Assists the Houston Rockets Creative Department with production and output of marketing and sales deliverables
• Upholds quality design standards and brand integrity
• Creative focus on asset management, client services, concepting, design, production and vendor relationships
• Current college student or graduated within the last 6 months
• Available to complete a season-long (Fall & Spring Semesters) internship
• Experience in multiple mediums including print, digital, video and web
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Interest in basketball and familiarity with basketball terminology
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written communication skills
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• In-office position at located at Toyota Center in Houston, TX
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to a flexible schedule and location as needed considering the strong focus on external communications and relationships.