Intern - Game Presentation Full Season
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Game Presentation Intern assists with the preparation and execution of various Game Presentation and Production elements.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Director/Coordinator with creating/completing the game scripts, PA copy, and game day notes for host, DJ, production, entertainment, etc.
• Print and distribute game scripts and PA copy each game day
• Assist in preparing all game day prizes
• Assist in maintaining accurate inventory lists of supplies, props, costumes, etc.
• Attend all pre-game meetings conducted by Director
• Conduct research, as assigned, for new props, prizes, contest ideas, entertainment, etc.
• Contribute creative and original ideas for partner and departmental in-game promotions
• Contribute to department brainstorming sessions
• Assist on game nights as assigned
• Must be able to take direction and work well with others
• Must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
• Assist all members of Game Presentation and Production as assigned
• Receptionist training
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Junior, Senior, or recent graduate (up to 6 months following graduation date)
• Must be willing and able to workdays, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to lift over 25 pounds for premium item giveaways, deliveries, etc.
• Must possess strong teamwork skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
• General NBA and basketball knowledge preferred
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Must have the ability to multitask
• Must have housing in or around the Houston area.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, handle, feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.