Intern - Community Relations
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Oversee fan mail program to ensure the prompt written response to all fan requests.
• Maintain department databases and merchandise inventory files.
• Handle general office duties, including: data entry, answering phones, copying filing, faxing, and maintaining mailing lists and donation requests.
• Administrative support for Director of Community Relations
• Receptionist training
• Community Relations staff support
• Assist 50/50 manager with executing administrative task associated with the program such as setup/breakdown of equipment & signage; cash handling; sales reports.
• Assist with planning, implementing and evaluating all community relations programs.
• Support Community Relations Coordinators developing relationships with partners.
• Administrative Support for Clutch City Foundation's Fundraisers
• Maintain database, oversee mail-outs, registration and serve as point of contact for all related collateral.
• Assist with auction and other event duties as required
• Proficiency in Excel is required
• Must be organized, able to handle multiple tasks and have the ability to work with premium accounts.
• Junior or Senior level in college or graduated within the last 6 months
• Marketing, Sports Administration, or related business majors preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working on charitable galas/dinners is a plus
• Cash handling and some sales experience preferred
• Flexibility to work long hours, nights and weekends – including home games
• Understanding and experience in Community Relations preferred
• Ability to work under and meet tight deadlines, balance multiple tasks in essential
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel and familiar with Microsoft Outlook, and Access
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.