Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Full Time Job
The Graphic Designer role will be responsible for the design and execution of a variety of projects spanning across digital, print & large format while maintaining the brand style and goal(s). This designer will work closely with other internal departments, including Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing, Community, and Stadium/ Event Operations. The ideal candidate is a team player who can work efficiently and bring a positive attitude each day and have an understanding of the NBA.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for developing concepts, mechanical artwork, and production materials for all Houston Rockets graphic design projects.
• Work closely with all internal departments including, but not limited to Marketing, Community Relations, Corporate Sales, Ticketing, and digital graphics.
• Use strategic vision from the Sr. Creative Director and SVP of Marketing to complete and improve the project to desired needs clearly and consistently meeting all deadlines.
• Assist in the creative process of developing and executing an advertising campaign.
• Works independently to develop graphic design solutions and is the artistic and graphic lead in all print and online concepts.
• Create original and innovative work to help push the brand forward
• Assists in maintaining and establishing design department policies
• Stays current industry standards, trends, and applications (pop culture, music, fashion, art, entertainment)
• Daily delivery of design projects working with a wide range of media, including photography, electronic and print design across the department and organization using computer-based design programs.
• Understand Rockets brand essence and craft and develop impactful artwork, designs and logos to compliment the brand. Inject fresh ideas and approach to Rockets marketing creative.
• Work independently and also respond to creative direction and feedback
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects on a daily basis
• Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field and 5 years of experience working in graphic design and production.
• Illustration skills are a plus
• Knowledge of After Effects and motion graphics are a plus
• Excellent graphic design/software skills in Adobe Creative Suite.
• A diverse design style and the ability to adapt design for each project.
• The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, and handle several projects at one time
• Experience in dynamic environment is critical.
• Must be able to provide a portfolio which highlights a variety of projects including identity design, advertising and/or page layout.
• Ability to work effectively under high pressure and tight deadlines in a high-energy environment.
• Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
• Support with photoshoots, photo selection, archiving, management, and manipulation
• A deep understanding of basketball/sports preferred
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Flexibility to work non-traditional schedule, including weekends and some holidays (ability and willingness to work nights and weekends around basketball games)
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others. Standing or sitting for extended periods of time and frequent climbing of stairs.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
Highly motivated and dependable Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS, TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer