Fall Intern - Fan Insights
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 6/24/2022 3:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Intern - Fan Insights jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Fall Intern - Fan Insights postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Business Strategy and Analytics department is a unique in-house consulting team within the Houston Rockets & Toyota Center business operations. The department's mission is to empower the organization to make informed, data-driven decisions based on timely, accurate data insights and actionable recommendations. The department's focus is on all aspects of business operations, including sales, marketing, and customer experience initiatives.
As an intern, you will conduct analysis and present insights to support strategic business decisions to drive revenue growth and improve our customer experience. Additionally, you will learn about, use, and support key technology and data systems and tools. Furthermore, throughout your internship, you will partner with several departments to assess current challenges and evaluate improvement opportunities.
An ideal candidate will:
• Be inherently driven, analytical, and detail-oriented
• Possess project and time management skills to support cross-functional initiatives simultaneously
• Establish rapport and collaborate effectively with other team members
• Deliver effective presentations of quantitative information to engage various stakeholders
• Ask questions, engage in brainstorming, and contribute to the team's entrepreneurial mindset
• Foster a culture of continuous learning
• Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
Your primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Support NBA and internal fan research initiatives through survey and sample design and implementation
• Compile consumer and market research data from various tools including YouGov Profiles
• Assess opportunities related to brand relevance, preference, and engagement among fans across potential and current corporate partners
• Use research output to build data visualizations that track key in-season and year-over-year performance indicators
• Perform ad-hoc analysis to address specific business questions and present actionable recommendations
• Identify opportunities for technology automation and data integration and assist with technical implementation
• Additional responsibilities as requested by the Houston Rockets & Toyota Center internship program or by the Business Strategy & Analytics team
• Current enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited college or university or recent college or university graduate within 6 months of graduation date
• Consistent track record of academic and personal achievement
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience building actionable data visualizations using BI tools (e.g. Tableau)
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including events on nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary based on business priorities
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.