Digital Editor / Videographer
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Full Time Job
The Houston Rockets are seeking a creative, talented, dedicated, and driven professional that has a knack for multi-level creative storytelling as well an eye for capturing engaging cinematic footage to be used across all platforms. This self-motivated individual is not only a filmmaker and talented editor but also possesses the ability to create motion graphics for social media and broadcast while keeping up with the latest trends and techniques as well as combining the previous skills into a polished, professionally produced piece from start to finish quickly and efficiently while meeting tight deadlines.
This individual should consistently treat every project and task that comes in their direction with equal importance as each project reflects the Houston Rockets organization and its partners. Accountability, reliability, and dedication are a must for this role as this position entails long hours, nights, and weekends throughout the NBA season as well as the offseason.
In the Digital Editor/Videographer role, it is essential that you keep up with current social media trends, topics and pop culture references along with striving to come up with new innovative marketing ideas and concepts, breaking the mold of industry standards daily. This individual should have the ability and know the difference between editing an official marketing campaign (or related project) that reflects the integrity of the Organization and then quickly switch gears to creatively edit a light-hearted, entertaining social media promo for Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
Regardless of the task or how small the project is, the Digital Editor/Videographer should always strive to submit their absolute best and efficiently move on to the next project.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Edit/Film for Social Media Features, Promos, Hypes, Highlight Packages, Instagram Stories, Corporate Sponsored Elements
• Edit 30: 60 Marketing Commercial Spots for Broadcast
• Edit Weekly/Monthly Creative Corporate Sponsored Features for Social Media
• Conceptualize, Produce and Edit Marketing Campaign Unveils
• Film & Edit Rockets Entertainers Features & Music Videos (Mascot, Clutch City Dancers, Launch Crew, Sonic Boom, etc.)
• Record & Produce Corporate Radio Spots
• Film and Capture in Game Highlights to be used for Social Media, Broadcast & Marketing purposes.
• Prepare & Save Broll/Melts on a Consistent Basis to be Shared to Various Departments as well as Local Media Outlets & Broadcast Partners
• Film, Capture, Edit and Cover Rockets Home Games, Walk-Ins, Locker Room Reactions, Post Game Interviews
• Travel and Cover Team on the Road (Arrivals, Practice, Walk-Ins, In-Game, Post-Game, etc.)
• Edit Daily Hypes for Marquee Matchups as well as Specialty Nights.
• Cover Events (Community, Corporate, Tickets, Partner, Landry's, etc.)
• Conduct Player, Partner, Corporate Interviews.
• Edit Promos (Player, Retail, Toyota Center, Giveaways, Social Media, Entertainers, Schedule Release, etc.)
• Edit Weekly Highlights from In-Game Footage (Top 10 Plays, Dunks, etc.)
• Edit Long Format Features/Documentaries/BTS (Player, Team, Sponsored, etc.)
• Service Departmental Requests (Corporate Activations/Recaps, Ticket Renewals, Suite Promos, Marketing Initiatives, Community & Public Relations Requests, etc.)
• Must have a strong background and experience in non-linear editing software (Final Cut, Premiere, Avid, etc.) or a strong portfolio to compensate.
• Excellent storyteller, able to emotionally invest the viewer with timing and continuity.
• A master at audio levels and sound design.
• Strong background in Motion Graphics/Animation software (AfterEffects, Motion, etc.) or a strong portfolio to compensate. 3D Animation a .
• Well versed with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Audition, Media Encoder)
• Strong background and knowledge in using DSLR's (Canon, Sony, Panasonic, etc.), steady cams, sliders, consumer digital video devices (drones, stabilized action cams, 360 cams, etc.) as well as ENG cameras.
• Steady hands while freehand recording while covering action a HUGE plus.
• Strong knowledge of green screen/subject lighting as well as checking sound levels for superior audio.
• The ability to work within a team environment as well as take direction.
• Great communication skills.
• The ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects at once.
• Must be able to work long hours, nights/weekends & travel.
• BS Degree in Film, Video Production or related field.
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Please provide a link to demo reel or portfolio site to be considered.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical formats.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.