Houston RocketsHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2021 7:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Business Analyst jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Business Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Analyst?
Full Time Job
The Business Strategy and Analytics department is a unique in-house consulting team within the Houston Rockets & Toyota Center business operations. The department's mission is to empower the organization to make informed, data-driven decisions based on timely, accurate data insights and actionable recommendations. The department's focus is on all aspects of business operations, including sales, marketing, and customer experience initiatives.
As an Analyst, you will conduct research and present insights to support strategic business decisions to drive revenue growth and improve our customer experience. You will partner with departments to assess current challenges and evaluate improvement opportunities.
An ideal candidate will:
• Be inherently driven, analytical, and detail-oriented
• Possess strong project management skills to lead cross-functional initiatives simultaneously
• Proficiently synthesize data from various data sources and distill into actionable business recommendations
• Establish rapport and collaborate effectively with others whom they have no direct authority over
• Deliver effective presentations of quantitative information to engage various stakeholders
• Champion data-driven decision-making within the organization
• Ask questions, engage in brainstorming, and contribute to the team's entrepreneurial mindset
• Foster a culture of continuous learning
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
Your primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Learn and deliver adaptable support of our Sales and Service strategy and operations, including initiatives to attract, engage, and delight our customers
• Support collaboration with department leaders to align on optimal data capture during Sales and Service processes to enable measurement of key performance indicators
• Design, build, and maintain reporting solutions to empower Sales and Service leaders to make informed decisions based on ticket demand, prices, inventory, and financial goals
• Perform ad-hoc financial analysis to address specific business questions and present actionable recommendations
• Assist execution and measurement of multi-channel campaigns with revenue objectives, including customer acquisition, retention, and profile enrichment
• Enable customer segmentation for multi-channel campaigns based on integration of new data sources within Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform
• Identify opportunities for technology automation and data integration and assist with technical implementation
• Lead all internal and NBA research initiatives through survey design, analysis, and presentation
• Compile consumer and market research insights for prospective and current corporate partners
• Curate knowledge base of strategic frameworks, best practices, and other educational resources
• Bachelor's degree with a consistent track record of professional and personal achievement
• One (1) or more years of professional experience in a corporate strategy, consulting, financial services, business intelligence, data science, or similar role
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficiency with SQL
• Proficiency with data analysis packages in tools such as Python or R
• Experience building actionable data visualizations using BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including events on nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary based on business priorities
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.