Video Producer / Editor
Houston Rockets and Toyota CenterHouston, TX
Full Time Job
The Houston Rockets are seeking a Video Editor ready to work in a fast-paced, efficient production environment. The primary goal of this department is to create original content, features, commercials, and and deliver it via streaming services, apps, and social media platforms both quickly and systematically for the Houston Rockets, our partners, and Landry's as needed. This role will work closely with the Senior Producers and video production team to establish the most engaging content possible using the latest technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Work closely with marketing and production team to build compelling video content for Rockets fans, our partners, and Landry's worldwide.
• Serve as primary editor for videos including player features, intro videos, highlight recaps, sponsor features, and other miscellaneous items.
• Contribute compelling content ideas for digital and in-arena that elevate the Rockets brand.
• Develop original video content for existing and potential fans, our partners, and Landry's over a variety of mediums.
• Assist in design of 2D/3D animations for sponsored elements including LEDs, stat graphics, and feature looks.
• Create national level commercials, features, and videos from existing and new footage to target specific audiences, and multi-platform use.
• Able to take requests and turn them into highly produced pieces from start to finish in a collaborative manner.
• Visual storytelling skills: knowing how to captivate viewers across multiple medium
• High level understanding of ideation, storyboards, and pitching ideas that are within budget and on time.
• Understand color correction, audio mastering, and use of different codecs.
• Help build/log/maintain digital video library.
• Use storytelling skills for both commercial length and short/medium format content.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in film/broadcast/communications or equal experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of professional editing experience for a sports team or post house.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays required as needed.
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (Avid Media Composer, Premiere, After Effects)
• Familiarity with 3D and compositing are a plus.
• Live production/control experience a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments under pressure.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, time-sensitive department
• Ability to assist in shooting a plus
• Some travel will be required
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.