Social Media Apprentice
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
Full Time Job
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Manager, Social Media
The Houston Astros are looking for a rising social media professional who will help develop, execute and analyze social media initiatives, with a focus on gameday content. This person will also support the Social Media Manager with ad-hoc projects, including but not limited to weekly performance reports and sponsored content.
• Assist with in-game content for Twitter, Instagram Feed & Stories, Facebook to help grow and engage the Astros social audience.
• Utilize Slate asset library to build and execute real-time, in-game content that meets the needs, requirements, and brand standards of the Astros organization. This may include but is not limited to daily lineup graphics, broadcast highlights, final scores.
• Utilize Greenfly to communicate with Live Content Creators at each ballpark to ensure content is being captured for away game needs.
• Assist on other marketing projects and campaigns throughout the season including reporting, sponsored content tracking, creative updates and more.
• Stay up-to-date with trends on existing and emerging platforms.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
• 1-3 years' experience in social media, sports or entertainment experience preferred.
• Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
• Game day duties required.
• Creative, energetic, and proactive approach to work.
• High proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, other emerging platforms.
• Proficiency in photo editing and fundamental design tasks in Photoshop, understanding of Adobe Premier is preferred. Video shooting and/or editing a plus.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Bilingual English Spanish- preferred.
This job operates in an office, clerical setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see and hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use hands/fingers to utilize various electronic platforms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred 2