Skeeters Clubhouse Staff
Houston AstrosSugar Land, TX
Part Time Job
Department: Stadium Operations
Reports to: Manager, Clubhouse Manager
The Sugar Land Skeeters are currently seeking responsible, hard-working individuals to add to our Part-Time, Clubhouse Staff. This position is an hourly role. The schedule and hours vary throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be conscientious, demonstrate initiative and team spirit. We are in search of individuals that are punctual, an above-average teammate and those that will take pride in their work and contributions to the Clubhouse Management team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintaining a safe and professional atmosphere in a sensitive environment
• To assist home clubhouse manager in handling of all equipment
• To maintain home/visiting clubhouse (vacuum, sweep and mop floors)
• To clean and launder all player uniforms, accessories and towels
• To load and unload equipment for each road trip
• Set-up the home dugout prior to batting practice and break-down the set-up post game
• Keep the dugout clean during the game
We require flexible availability as most duties will revolve around the team workout and game schedule.
This job mainly operates in a clubhouse/sports venue setting; it could be heavily crowded with high activity. The position is subject to varying temperatures and weather extremes. At times the noise could become excessive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee must be able to maintain focus for extended periods of time. Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, handle and reach items. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk long distances; use hands, handle or feel.
, Experience and Qualifications
• At least 16 years of age, currently in or graduated with high school diploma or GED and/or equivalent number of years of relevant experience.
• Flexibility to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekend and holidays as needed.
• Adaptable to changing needs and situations.
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
• Exceptional ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience Preferred 2