Scouting Supervisor, Baseball Operations
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 10/1/2021 7:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Scouting Supervisor, Baseball Operations jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Scouting Supervisor, Baseball Operations postings
Full Time Job
Midwest Area Scouting Supervisor, Baseball Operations
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports to: Director, Amateur Scouting
The Houston Astros are currently seeking an Area Scouting Supervisor in the Midwest Region (AR, KY, MO, IL, TN). This position will support the efforts of the Scouting department by providing comprehensive evaluations of players across the amateur market.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Identify and evaluate potential prospects throughout the Amateur baseball landscape.
• Produce in depth written and verbal player assessments of players in a timely manner.
• Collect, organize, and analyze player data to streamline evaluation across player market.
• Interact regularly with coaches and build relationships throughout the baseball community.
• Gauge a player’s overall makeup through personal interviews and other various channels.
• Capture and edit video on amateur baseball players throughout the region and possibly foreign countries, such as the Dominican Republic.
• Coordinate the editing and uploading process of video files to ensure a seamless transfer of information to the front office.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Results Driven.
• Teamwork Orientation.
• Technical Capacity.
The work will largely be performed at a sports venue (indoor or outdoor, hot or cold environment) that could be heavily crowded with high activity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and/or climb up/down stairs; may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, sit and/or move/lift up to 50lbs of equipment or supplies; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
The employee for this position must have the ability to drive a vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that will require a flexible schedule. This position requires travel throughout the entire scouting season.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• 2 years’ work experience sought from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to, sports, finance, development, academia, consulting or similar fields
• Strong baseball knowledge with playing experience preferred
• Ability to travel extensively throughout the assigned region and occasionally outside of it
• Ability to convey evaluations in a concise, articulate manner to a decision-making audience
• General proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
• High level of attention to detail
• Capacity to use time efficiently and work nights and weekends
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may evolve over time, based on positional needs and your skills and interests.