Retail Warehouse Supervisor
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
Part Time Job
Classification: Part Time (Non-Exempt)
Under the direction of the Retail Operations Manager and Retail Store Manager, this part time position supervises warehouse operations and provides direction to Warehouse Associates. Oversees movement of retail product throughout Minute Maid Park.
• Receives assignments from the Retail Operations Manager and Retail Store Manage
• Supervises Warehouse Associates; completes warehouse operational needs by assigning employees and following up on work results.
• Trains to, and maintains retail standards, policies and procedures.
• Ensures integrity of physical inventory and par levels; assists with physical inventory audits.
• Facilitates delivery of product throughout the facility in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ensures that inventory levels of supplies are maintained.
• Ensures accuracy of records by reviewing documents and verifying any noted discrepancies before entering into system.
• Initiates transfers within the organization to balance needs; ensures proper closing of transfers and allocations.
• Identifies and records defective merchandise.
• Keeps work area and equipment neat and clean.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum one year experience in a warehouse operations and/or retail environment preferred.
• Previous experience working with point of sale (POS) system required.
• High school Diploma or GED required, College Degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s customer service standards.
• Ability to interact on a professional level with high profile clients.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff. Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
• Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
• Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
• Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool.
• Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system.
Environmental Working Conditions:
• Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail warehouse.
• May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.