Manager, Video Content
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2023 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Manager, Video Content jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Manager, Video Content postings
Full Time Job
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Director of Content
The Manager of Video Content will be responsible for the oversight & production of video content including studio/field production, post-production, and final delivery via digital, in-game and other out-bound applications. The role will work collectively with the Content Team and other stakeholders to produce best-in-class video content to drive organizational revenue initiatives, fan engagement goals, and community relation initiatives. This position must consistently meet deadlines and handles multiple projects simultaneously, while also having a supervisory responsibility for other video content producers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Oversee the workflow and direction of video production staff to ensure proper direction, efficiency and on-time deliverables.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Content and other functional leads to aid in building the content strategy.
• Consistently deliver premium level shooting and editing for all aspects of video productions
• Identify content or stories to be produced, research topics, and write scripts. May arrange for and schedule guests or expert speakers.
• Work with entire content team to develop entertaining content (sponsor and non-sponsor) for activation across content platforms.
• Develop unique video content consistent with department philosophy along with company values, vision and mission.
• Shoot and edit variety of player interviews, special events, press conferences and community appearances.
• Fulfill video production needs of both internal and external clients.
• Perform work under minimal supervision. Handle complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to video content producers
• Perform other duties and/or complete special projects as assigned.
• Degree in TV/video production, Cinematography or relevant work experience.
• 5 years’ experience in video production environments as a producer/editor, animator, visual. designer or similar role – ideally within a sports or live entertainment environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
• Expert in software packages including Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Expert knowledge of lighting techniques.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with other departments and production staff.
• Extremely detail oriented, organized, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment within tight production deadlines.
• Creative collaboration is a must.
• Advanced motion graphics experience is strongly preferred.
This position will be responsible for the management of a team of individuals and providing guidance and career development.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. Ability to lift and/or carry up to 40lbs. Ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings/nights, weekends, and holidays.
Travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.