Manager, Video Content
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2020 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Manager, Video Content jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Manager, Video Content postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Video Content? *In order to be considered for this role, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Manager of Video Content will be responsible for the oversight & production of video content including studio/field production, post-production, and final delivery via digital, in-game and other out-bound applications. The role will work collectively with the Content Team and other stakeholders to guide the work of video or recording teams, lighting crews, and/or editors. Partners with other creative/content producers to curate various forms of video content. This position must consistently meet deadlines and handles multiple projects simultaneously. This position will also have supervisory responsibility for other video content producers.
• Oversee the workflow and direction of video production staff to ensure proper direction, efficiency and on-time deliverables
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Content and other functional leads to aid in building the content strategy
• Consistently deliver premium level shooting and editing for all aspects of video productions.
• Identify content or stories to be produced, research topics, and write scripts. May arrange for and schedule guests or expert speakers.
• Work with entire content team to develop entertaining content (sponsor and non-sponsor) for activation across content platforms
• Develop unique video content consistent with department philosophy along with company values, vision and mission.
• Shoot and edit variety of player interviews, special events, press conferences and community appearances.
• Fulfill video production needs of both internal and external clients.
• Attention to detail with firm production deadlines.
• Creative collaboration is a must.
• Supervise other video content producers and take lead on select content projects.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
Required Competencies & Skills:
• Degree in TV/video production, Cinematography or relevant work experience.
• 5-7 years' experience in video production environments as a producer/editor, animator, visual designer or similar role – ideally within a sports or live entertainment environment
• Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter. Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
• Expert in software packages including Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro and Avid Media Composer.
• Expert knowledge of lighting techniques.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with other departments and production staff.
• Extremely organized, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment within tight production deadlines.
• Knowledge of Cinema 4D preferred.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
• The vision requirement includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
• Must have ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
This position will be responsible for the management of a team of individuals and providing guidance and career development
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. Needs to be able to lift 40lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabiity This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.