Intern - Player Evaluation Apprenticeship
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 3/19/2021 5:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Player Evaluation Apprenticeship jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Intern - Player Evaluation Apprenticeship postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Player Evaluation Apprenticeship? Summary:
The Houston Astros are seeking a Player Evaluation Apprentice for the 2021 season to assist with the department's day-to-day responsibilities. The position will be based in Houston, TX.
Player Evaluation Apprenticeship
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the creation and integration of new tools into existing Player Evaluation processes
• Write scripts which support data collection, automation and report generation
• Contribute to data management, organization and integration into the organization's Player Evaluation system
• Upload video from scouts to support the Player Evaluation team
• Collect data and perform ad hoc projects to support Player Evaluation
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Proficiency with R preferred
• Experience with SQL and SQL databases preferred
• Experience with video editing software a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including members of the front office and scouts
• Demonstrated passion for baseball and intellectual curiosity
• Spanish language proficiency a plus
• A valid Driver's license is required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.