Intern - Baseball Operations Apprenticeship
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 3/12/2021 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Baseball Operations Apprenticeship jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Intern - Baseball Operations Apprenticeship postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Baseball Operations Apprenticeship? Summary:
The Houston Astros are seeking a Baseball Operations Apprentice for the 2021 season to assist with the department's day-to-day responsibilities. The position will be based in Houston, TX.
A strong candidate will have a demonstrated passion for baseball with the ability to provide creative insights into player valuation and roster management. They will also have intermediate proficiency with R/SQL and a demonstrated interest in self-improvement. Finally, a strong candidate will be able to effectively communicate with various members of the front office.
Baseball Operations Apprenticeship
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform analysis and modeling to support one or more research projects
• Contribute to data management, organization, and integration into the organization's player valuation system
• Prepare tools, visualizations, and reports to aid in disseminating information throughout Baseball Operations
• Perform ad hoc projects and queries to support Baseball Operations
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Proficiency with R preferred
• Experience with SQL and SQL databases preferred
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• High level of attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Professional and punctual
• Strong baseball knowledge
• Possess a valid Driver's License
• Spanish language proficiency preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.