Instructor, Youth Academy
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
Part Time Job
Instructor, Astros Youth Academy
Department: Community & Foundation
Supervisor: Manager, Astros Youth Academy
This position will provide major league style baseball/softball instruction and training in the areas of hitting, pitching, fielding, base running and game knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide baseball and/or softball instruction during scheduled events at the YA.
• Assist with various aspects of organizing or coordinating athletic events held at the YA.
• Support the YA’s marketing efforts and outreach by participating in various public events, speaking engagements and other outreach or promotional programs and events.
• High level of demonstrated professionalism and integrity.
• Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with members of the community, organizations, sponsors, instructors, players and coaches.
• Creative, energetic and proactive approach to work.
• Strong relationship-building skills.
• Represents the Astros in a positive and professional manner at all times.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum of a 2 year associates degree or major/minor league baseball experience or current collegiate level baseball player/athlete.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of proven experience in coaching high school, college, professional baseball or management of organized sports/recreational activities or current collegiate level baseball player/athlete.
• EXTENSIVE knowledge of one or more (baseball/softball) skills designated for instruction.
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated and proven ability to work with children and parents.
• EXCEPTIONAL communication skills.
• Minimum physical requirements: able to gain access to various areas of the YA for prolonged periods during events; able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
• Possess very high degree of discretion and professionalism.
• Professional image and demeanor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.