Houston AstrosHouston, TX
Full Time Job
Graphic Designer (TEMP)
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Director of Content
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer (TEMP) with strong conceptual capabilities who are prepared to take their own and stakeholder ideas all the way through to final delivery over print and digital.
A strategic, big-picture thinker who is also highly detail-oriented, you will have solid experience in working in a creative environment and a full-working knowledge of both print and digital production delivery techniques.
This role requires a 'can do' attitude and will reside within the Astros Content Team and will report directly to the Asst. Creative Director.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of design and production software to craft solutions with high visual impact that will help to elicit positive responses from our various customer and client segments. This person will work on a variety of projects that span the entire Astros brand including brand identity, motion graphics, digital, website, social media, email, arena signage, sales collateral and community events etc. They will also work on projects related to non-baseball programming, including show announcements, Houston Open, and Astros Foundation.
• Create and deliver design concepts that can help inter-departmental stakeholders reach their respective goals
• Develop creative that supports sales and builds equity in the Houston Astros and affiliate brands
• Work within brand guidelines and any established campaign structure
• Execute and produce different creative content for all Astros initiatives
• Take tasks from design brief all the way through to implementation on multiple platforms
• Solid understanding of design and production software
• Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, ie: around games, concerts, and other live events
• Awareness of and interest in latest digital and social media trends shaping professional sports and live entertainment, ie: live and breathe the cross-section of sports, pop culture, music, fashion, art, entertainment
• Willingness to structure hours to meet expectations of live spots; potential for nights/weekends
What Skills You'll Use:
• Flexibility: Switch gears on a moment's notice and adapt to shifting priorities
• Motivation: Leverage your personal skills to drive results and influence success
• Communication: Build relationships within the organization and with potential partners
• Accountability: Take ownership of your work
• Bachelor's Degree
• One-three years of graphic design experience, preferably with a professional sports or live entertainment organization
• Passionate and invested in your work
• Be curious to learn
• Highly skilled in using industry-leading software and technologies, ie: Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, PowerPoint and Keynote.
• Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
• Possession of creative and artistic flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
• Ability to communicate and present ideas whilst explaining design decisions to peers
• Professionalism regarding deadlines
• Comfortable tackling problems head-on and adapting to shifting priorities
• At ease presenting your work and explaining design decisions
• A motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude
• A champion of great design
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.