Dominican Republic Technology Assistant
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
Full Time Job
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Astros Dominican Academy Technology Assistant will be responsible for game video and data collection for all Player Development programs at our complex in the Dominican Republic while reporting to the Manager of Baseball Technology.
This position will begin at the start of the 2022 Dominican Summer League on 6/6/2022 and run through the end of Fall Instructional League at the end of November or early December.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Dominican Academy Technology Assistant will be expected to:
• Operate TrackMan during Player Development activities at home.
• Record video during practice and games at the Dominican Academy, as well as games played on the road.
• Upload data from various Player Development technologies, including but not limited to:
• TrackMan data
• Blast Motion data
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
and/or Experience & Skills:
• Baseball knowledge is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Basic networking knowledge is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organization skills.
• Professional or collegiate playing experience is a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
The work will largely be performed at a sports venue (indoor or outdoor- hot/cold environment) that could be heavily crowded with high activity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and/or climb up/down stairs; may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, sit and/or move/lift up to 50lbs of equipment or supplies; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Limited travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.