Account Executive, Season Ticket Sales
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
Full Time Job
Department: Ticket Sales & Services
Reports to: Director, Season Ticket Sales
Classification: Full-Time (Exempt)
Compensation: Salary plus the ability to earn commissions
The Houston Astros are seeking driven and positive individuals who are committed to becoming sports and entertainment sales leaders. The primary focus of this position is selling Houston Astros season ticket packages. All relationships will be derived from making outbound calls, scheduling face-to-face ballpark tours and conducting out of office appointments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sell new full & partial season tickets, group tickets and single game suites.
• High volume outbound calling.
• Set appointments, show seats, and give ballpark tours with the intent to close business.
• Work games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned (i.e. answer phones, work sales booths, visit clients).
• Represent the organization at in-house ballpark events and off-site community events promoting sales.
• Prospect and qualify all potential sales opportunities in addition to the leads provided.
• Maintain computerized records of all season ticket customers and prospects with our CRM system.
• Provide excellent customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone and during games and events.
• Attend weekly meetings and actively participate in training sessions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field or equivalent and related work experience as a successful sales professional.
• At least one year of related ticket sales experience with a professional sports team preferred.
• Strong desire to be a sales industry leader
• Ability to comfortably and persuasively present sales material to potential clients.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Commitment to personal integrity.
• Determined self-starter.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes home games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
• Proficiency in basic computer software programs.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience Preferred - 3