Account Executive, Group Sales
Houston AstrosHouston, TX
Full Time Job
Department: Ticket Sales
Supervisor: Manager, Group Sales
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
The Houston Astros are seeking driven and positive individuals who are committed to becoming sports and entertainment sales leaders. The primary focus of this position is selling Houston Astros group tickets. Group Sales Account Executives will plan and coordinate large group events and group specific theme nights, directed at generating ticket sales. All relationships will be derived from making outgoing calls and scheduling face-to-face ballpark tours. Additional responsibilities include selling season tickets, partial season ticket plans, and other assignments deemed necessary by management. Revenue will be generated via phone (outbound and inbound calls) and face-to-face ballpark tours.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Make sales calls from category lists to area organizations and follow up as necessary
• Build relationships to provide repeat business for the Houston Astros
• Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing customers
• Provide superior and professional customer service to clients, as expected by all Houston Astros team members
• Perform game day responsibilities, including entertaining clients and fulfill large group events commitments
• Set appointments, show seats, and give ballpark tours with the intent to close business
• Work games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned (i.e. answer phones, work sales booths, visit clients)
• Represent the organization at in-house ballpark events and off-site community events promoting ticket sales and the club
• Prospect and qualify all potential sales opportunities in addition to the leads you are provided
• Maintain computerized records of all group ticket customers and prospects with our CRM system
• Attend weekly meetings and role-play training sessions
• Coordinate with other departments to organize and implement large/group theme nights
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field or equivalent, related sales experience
• At least one year of related ticket sales experience, preferably in group ticket sales
• Commitment to personal integrity
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes home games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
• Desire to be a sales industry leader
• Ability to work as a team player
• Ability to present sales material to potential clients
• Proficiency in basic computer software programs
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience Preferred - 3