Honey Grove Road Music, Inc.Calabasas, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Administrative Assistant jobs in Calabasas-CA
Search all Administrative Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Administrative Assistant? Honey Grove Road Music, Inc. is seeking a Full-time Administrative Assistant for a well-established Music Production, Consulting & Contracting company in Calabasas, CA. Our company plays an integral role in producing, coordinating, and managing musical endeavors related to various Film, Television, Streaming, and Live productions. We are looking for an amazing and qualified person to join our endlessly dedicated and infinitely impassioned team.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
- This position provides administrative support to the Vocal Contractor.
- Will be paid hourly and will be negotiated based on experience and skill sets.
- Respond to the needs of staff - preparation for meetings, sessions, calls, travel, etc.
- Read and route correspondence; draft responses and other documents as requested by president and staff; assist with email management
- Take concise notes during meetings and phone calls, respectively.
- Additional responsibilities for one-off and special projects as needed.
- Assists with the upkeep of the office (i.e. ordering office supplies when needed, coordinating client gifts, distributing mail, and coordinating post office runs, etc.)
- Reviewing and cataloging highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis.
- Daily data entry
- Maintaining proper client relations that correspond to the culture and brand of the company.
- On occasion, you will request, review, and verify various official documents of a highly confidential nature.
- Attend official work events on an as-needed basis to assist the needs of the President of the company. Occasional regional travel is an essential part of this job. Extended travel or overnight travel may be required infrequently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree - Preferably in Music (Composition, Performance, Musicology or Music Business) or Film and Media.
- Two Years of experience in complex office administration. Experience at an entertainment agency, management, or production company is highly desired.
- Any combination of education and experience that will qualify for a high-level Assistant position in a high-profile, high-performing, professional environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Highly team oriented and flexible. We often times need to reprioritize our tasks based on the business's needs and require someone who is willing to help the team and shift priorities on a dime.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, thick skin, and emotional intelligence.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to anticipate needs.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain vital information is essential.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, File Maker Pro, Mac and PC computers and other commonly used applications.
- Social media savvy a plus.
- Willingness to learn and put the time in after hours and on weekends as needed.
- Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical and mathematics skills.
- Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude.
- Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment.
- Dynamic and assertive personality with a friendly and professional demeanor strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of music business in the recording industry is required.
- Possesses an extensive knowledge of different musical styles and genres, and up to date with current pop culture references.
- Knowledge of tax documents (I9, W4, W9, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Valid Driver's License, Automobile Insurance and Clean Driving Record.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
*All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.*