Sr Manager, Marketing - Artists
Hollywood RecordsBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/24/2020 11:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Sr Manager, Marketing - Artists jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Sr Manager, Marketing - Artists postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Manager, Marketing - Artists? Job Summary:
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, Marvel Music, Fox Music and Disney Concerts. The labels' genre-spanning rosters include Queen (in the U.S.), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, morgxn, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, DCappella, JD McCrary, Adam Hambrick and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping ''Guardians of the Galaxy'' ''Beauty And The Beast,'' ''Descendants,'' Oscar-winning ''Coco'' and ''Moana'' soundtracks, and the Oscar and Grammy-winning ''Frozen'' soundtrack. Recent releases include ''Bohemian Rhapsody,'' ''The Lion King,'' ''Captain Marvel,'' ''Aladdin,'' and ''Toy Story 4.'' Upcoming titles include the highly-anticipated ''Frozen 2,'' ''Ford v Ferrari,'' ''Jojo Rabbit'' and ''Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.'' DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like ''Snow White,'' ''Pinocchio'' and ''Star Wars,'' artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like ''It's A Small World.'' Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, Beauty And The Beast, Pixar In Concert and many more.
To stream classic Disney hits, please visit: http://disneymusic.co/DisneyHits
The Sr. Manager Marketing for Artists primary responsibility is to define and execute marketing initiatives for selected recording artists and projects that will advance the artists brand. Duties include managing campaign budgets, overseeing creation and development of marketing assets, evaluating consumer data, maintaining strong relationships with assigned artists management and agents, and coordinating with key internal teams to drive successful cross-media campaigns.
• Develop the release strategy and timing of upcoming new releases.
• Partner with artists, management, and label colleagues to create, develop and implement integrated marketing plans designed to achieve outlined goals.
• Collaborate with key internal DMG departments on partnership marketing.
• Coordinate with key internal divisions to plan and execute cross media campaigns (Radio, Sales & Digital, Publicity, International, Creative, and Business Affairs).
• Manage multiple projects from beginning to end and meet deadlines.
• Manage budgets for select artists on roster, including submission of budget needs on a quarterly basis and overseeing spend throughout the quarter and year.
• Collaborate with the Marketing Creative department, artist and artist management to conceive of imaging campaign that includes photo sessions, videos and positioning on socials.
• Oversee the creation and development of key creative pieces. This includes marketing materials ranging from a variety of advertising assets to street marketing tools and various formats of content to be positioned online.
• Interpret consumer research and translate into effective marketing programs.
• Continually evaluate consumer response data on artists including consumption, radio, Shazam and artist socials in order to make informed marketing decisions and be proactive with appropriately designed campaigns.
• Stay informed on industry trends as well as successful artists' campaigns and what is working for them.
• Proactively develop and grow relationships with artists, managers, agents, and other external business partners.
• Bring new business opportunities to DMG, for both artist roster and for the company in general.
• Manage additional marketing projects as assigned by Marketing leadership.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales or radio promotions in a music label
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with artists, artists management, and other external stakeholders
• Bachelors degree required
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.