Paralegal Specialist Disney Music Group
Hollywood RecordsBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2020 6:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Paralegal Specialist Disney Music Group jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Paralegal Specialist Disney Music Group postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Paralegal Specialist Disney Music Group?
Full Time Job
Disney Music Group (DMG) seeks a Paralegal Specialist to draft, review and negotiate contracts, and provide general legal and administrative support to DMG with particular emphasis on recorded music, music publishing and concert licensing matters working closely with business and legal affairs counsel. This includes: drafting legal correspondence and legal documents for attorney review; research, preparing summaries and reports; data entry and maintaining files and databases; researching rights and maintaining rights and other databases, assisting with due diligence related to transactional matters; and assisting the team with other special projects as may be necessary from time to time. DMG houses the Walt Disney Company's recorded music labels, concert licensing division and music publishing companies and we are looking for a Paralegal Specialist to assist the business and legal affairs team that service those enterprises.
• Draft, review and negotiate a variety of standard and non-standard music industry agreements, license agreements and other legal documents as requested by project attorneys.
• Prepare legal correspondence at direction of project attorney.
• Create, organize, manage and maintain library of form agreements, negotiated language and legal memos.
• Review legal agreements and prepare summaries of rights, obligations and related matters.
• Track and prepare status reports.
• May assist with agreement interpretation issues.
• Research and analyze legal rights and obligations.
• May be called upon to assist with promotions, sweepstakes and other marketing support in connection with label product releases and events.
• Respond to legal inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary.
• Assist in creation of and maintenance of technological solutions for improved flow of information, including data entry and maintenance of databases.
• Coordinate follow-up, execution and distribution of approved documents.
• Compare and proofread agreements and related materials.
• Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Assist in department trainings and legal presentations.
• Such additional, alternative, removed or changed responsibilities as may be directed from time-to-time by a supervisor, without advance notice.
• Minimum of seven years of experience in contract negotiation and drafting.
• Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with document and rights management systems a plus.
• Interact well with all levels of personnel with ability to communicate clearly.
• Must be willing to take ''ownership'' of projects and think proactively.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through projects with minimal supervision.
• Must have the ability to be flexible in all work situations.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise solutions and strategies.
• Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize high-volume work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent written, verbal, research, analytical and organizational skills.
• Must be detail oriented, with accurate input and proofing skills.
• Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment while effectively meeting deadlines.
• Operational and organization awareness.
• Self starter with ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic, judgment and commitment to managing assignments with professionalism and integrity.
• Experience with record labels, music publishing companies and the multi-media content production and distribution industry or the law firms and agencies representing same preferred.
• Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm or media company preferred.
• Non-attorney candidates preferred.
• Familiarity with document and rights management systems a plus.
Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world's biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.