Manager, Social Media & Audience Engagement
Hollywood RecordsBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Social Strategy Audience Engagement is responsible for spearheading social media strategy and audience engagement. This role launches campaigns for all of the Disney Music Group's releases including the Hollywood Records label and its artists, as well as Soundtracks and Disney company initiatives. This manager will oversee the day-to-day planning and steer overall campaigns on social media for the company.
• Act as a primary point of contact for all social media platform partners that include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and the like
• Manage strategy for fan interaction and spearheads artist fan engagement on social media channels and brands tied to DMG
• Analyze and assess performance across social media channels. This includes performance of individual posts and content, as well as broad trends across platforms
• Educate the broader DMG team on new features and offerings in the social media sphere
• Work closely with advertising leads to coordinate campaign based native posts
• Provide brand-building digital ideas to PMs and stakeholders, providing new avenues of visibility and reach for our artists and Disney projects
• Converse frequently with social partners (Twitter, FB, IG and others) optimize these relationships to chase down visibility and opportunities
• Maximize monetization of social platforms where applicable
• Work across lines of businesses for support around key ideas and moments
• Oversee planning and day-to-day social media
• Review data and share analytics around socials
• Create business opportunity for DMG and artist socials
• Managing agency/vendor partnerships
• Provide creative direction to Digital Specialist for creation of assets and for social campaigns
• Oversees asset requests from team of social Specialists
• Steers overall social content pack creation, inclusive of stickers, Gifs, video clips, social shareables, and more
• Manages artist and brand safety across safety channels - with help from social media monitoring agencies
• Expected to lead small team of Community Specialists
• Reports to Director, Sales Digital Marketing
• 3-5 years experience working in the music or entertainment industry, with specific experience in handling social media and/or digital marketing in current or prior roles
• Experience overseeing and steering digital community management, and in launching brand-building campaigns
• Proven success building and maintaining internal and external relationships
• Excellent organizational skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills – diplomacy and interpersonal skills are a necessity
• Track record of brainstorming, launching, and steering fun and creative content and campaigns for brands, artists, or creators
• Experience managing vendors and team members
• Ability to travel as needed
• Strength in multitasking is a must
• Expertise in social media platforms and the types of assets used in organic and advertising campaigns
• Bachelor's Degree
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world's biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, and Disney Concerts. The labels' genre-spanning rosters include Queen (in North America), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, DCappella, Almost Monday, Temecula Road, Adam Hambrick, Laine Hardy, Scarypoolparty, Alt Bloom and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping ''Bohemian Rhapsody,'' ''Guardians of the Galaxy'' ''Beauty and the Beast,'' ''Descendants,'' ''High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,'' Oscar-winning ''Coco'' and ''Moana'' soundtracks, and the Oscar and Grammy-winning ''Frozen'' soundtrack. Recent releases include ''Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,'' ''Frozen II,'' ''The Lion King,'' ''Captain Marvel,'' ''Aladdin,'' ''Toy Story 4,'' ''Jojo Rabbit,'' and ''Ford v Ferrari.'' Upcoming titles include Mulan, Marvel Studios' ''Black Widow,'' Disney and Pixar's ''Soul,'' and 20th Century Studio's ''West Side Story.'' DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like ''Snow White,'' ''Pinocchio'' and ''Star Wars,'' artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like ''It's A Small World.'' DMG produces the Disney's For Scores podcast series highlighting conversations with acclaimed film composers from Disney, Marvel Studios, Pixar 20th Century Studios and more. Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, ''Beauty And The Beast,'' Pixar In Concert, ''A Nightmare Before Christmas,'' and many more.