Hollywood RecordsBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Graphic Designer, Disney Music Group
Part of the Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment, Disney Music Group (DMG) is the music hub for TWDC, encompassing all aspects of music commercialization and marketing: recorded music (Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records), Disney Music Publishing, and Disney Concerts. DMG distributes music both physically and digitally, and also licenses music throughout the world in various forms of media including television, print, gaming, and consumer products.
The Graphic Designer primary responsibility will be to design projects for Soundtracks, including Studios, Marvel, Lucas, Networks, Parks, Concerts, Catalog and other Disney brands. In partnership with the Production & Asset Management team, the Marketing team, and partners inside and outside the company, the Graphic Designer position will support a seamless workflow, review process and final delivery that ensures meeting schedule goals.
• Participate in various design projects from concept to completion
• Projects include digital covers, playlist covers, packaging for vinyl, CD and cassettes as well as Sales and Marketing materials such as one-sheets, banners, product shots, postcards, posters, ads, outdoor campaigns, etc.
• Provide final deliverable graphic files that are to spec and meet our SOP to maintain workflow and deadlines
• Liaise with various DMG departments
• Minimum of 4 years of design experience
• Knowledge of Adobe Create Cloud, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and other design applications such as Blender for 3D graphics
• The ability to create motion graphics (ambient and expressive) to be used for playlist covers, or
• experience with photoshoots a plus!
• Strong creative problem-solving skills with the desire to learn and assist others on your team.
• Solid knowledge of steps required in creative development process and the ability to perform those tasks in a timely and productive manner.
• A positive attitude that contributes to the overall success of a collaborative environment.
• Strong conceptual, design and typography skills.
• Solid understanding of music product materials and manufacturing processes preferred
• Must be organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge and affinity for Disney brands preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Advertising or Graphic Design preferred
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world's biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.